A large quantity of parts and castings for a 2 inch scale Burrell DCC Showmans Road Locomotive to Ronald Clarke's highly detailed "Thetford Town" design.
- Large quantity iron and gunmetal castings, unmachined except cylinder block
- Flanged tender sides in brass
- Profiled rear wheel spokes
- Profiled & formed hornplates & dynamo bracket
- Machined gears
- Commercially built silver soldered boiler with test certificate
- Steering chains
The cylinder block casting has been machined on its top surface - it looks to us like too much has been taken off this face. The casting may be salvageable, if not Reeves can supply, along with all other castings for this design.
A large engine when finished, we've had several in over the years - there are some photographs in the archive of a particularly well-built engine here if you need reminding what the finished engine looks like (or simply some inspiration for getting started on the project)