An early stage 2 inch scale Clayton steam wagon to the Robin Dyer design, comprising:
- Rolling chassis with rubber-tyred wheels
- Boiler barrel with top tubeplate and quantity of loose flue tubes
- Machined gunmetal cylinder block and guides with crankshaft and some motionwork
- Water pump
- Regulator assembly
- Brass water tank
- Commercial fittings by Fyne Fort and Blackgates, including safety valves, clacks, whistle, injector, water gauge & lubricator
- Articulated trailer chassis
- Quantity of drawings, catalogues and miscellaneous publications
A long-term build, the previous owner bought it on a whim at an auction some ten years ago with the intention of completing it after finishing work on a collection of Triumph motorcycles and veteran cars.
After a decade of productive work on other projects, and with no end to the vehicular backlog in sight, time has come to move the Clayton on to pastures new.