An early stage 7 1/4 inch gauge BR Standard Class 4 Mogul tender locomotive, fastidiously researched, drawn and built with reference to a variety of sources, including the well-known Jim Vass tank 2-6-4T design and many original works drawings (it helped that the builder - a professional draughtsman - lived in York, close to the NRM archive).
The project comprises:
- erected frames for locomotive and tender
- pony truck
- machined wheels and axles
- CE-marked TIG-welded & silver soldered boiler by Steam Technology
- Dave Noble safety valves
- quantity Jim Vass/Horley Miniature Locomotives castings
- laser cut locomotive spring hangers
- tender tank laser cut parts
- motion bracket laser cut parts
- quantity BR works drawings
- quantity photographs of prototype locomotive
Lots of work to do, however the builder is happy to help with any ongoing queries - he would like to see the locomotive finished. There is the potential to make a very finely detailed model of a prototype rarely seen in this gauge.
||7 1/4 inch
||TIG-welded, silver soldered